This article contains tips on how to set up and optimize your Shop Ads based on your business goals. Read our Shop Ads Introduction article if you are not already familiar with Shop Ads.
How do I set keywords, match types and bid prices?
1. When choosing your keywords:
- Add relevant and popular keywords suggested by the Shopee system and add other relevant keywords that were not suggested, including:
- Brands, categories and products your shop sells.
- If your shop sells toothbrush, you can bid for “Colgate”, “charcoal toothbrush”, “toothbrush”, “gentle toothbrush”
- Variations or synonyms of keywords relevant to your shop
- If your shop sells sports shoes, you can use “shoes”, “sneakers”, “sports shoes”, “sporty shoes”, “outdoor shoes”, “athleisure shoes”, etc.
- Keywords that describe the activities and occasions that your products are used for
- If your shop sells camping equipment and outfit, you can bid for “outdoor camping”, “camping”, “outdoor hiking”, “athleisure”
2. Add at least 10 keywords
- When choosing your match type:
- Use Broad Match for your keywords if you want to reach a wider audience
- Use Exact Match if you have specific and highly relevant keywords related to your shop and products
- For example, if your shop’s bestsellers are Glossier clay masks, consider including “Glossier clay mask” as keyword. Make sure your Glossier clay mask products are prominently shown in your shop page
- Ad competition and cost-per-click for specific keywords are usually less than generic keywords; These keywords can give you additional exposure and sales at low cost if you have budget constraint
3. When setting your bid price, bid competitively and try the suggested bid price
- Bid close to the minimum bid price if you have limited budget, monitor ad performance after 2 weeks and increase bid prices if more ad exposure is needed
Can I bid for any keywords using Shop Ads?
Please note that when using Shop Ads, you cannot bid for Reserved Keywords to ensure a good experience for our shoppers.
- Reserved Keywords are keywords used by shoppers with high intention to find a specific shop.
- For example, shoppers searching for “Brand X" are very likely looking for Brand X’s Official Store.
How do I set my budget and period?
You can set your budget and time length for your Shop Ads before publishing them.
- Use default mode of “No Limit” for your budget and “No Time Limit” for sustained ad exposure
- If you have restrictions, you can “Set Budget” and “Set Start/End Date” for each ad
- Set a time schedule if you want to promote your shop on certain days of the year, e.g. sales period
- Ensure that your budget is sufficient for your desired exposure and click volume; your ad will stop running once your budget is depleted
- Ensure that your budget can sustain at least a total of 100 clicks
- Having at least 100 clicks gives you enough data to optimize your ads
How do I maximize the success of my Shop Ads?
Shop Ads can give you enhanced exposure, but you need an attractive shop page and product selection with competitive prices to generate interest and purchase from shoppers. Read the articles below to find tips on:
- How to make your shop more attractive and credible
- Choosing a Memorable Shop Name
- Maintaining a Positive Seller Image
- Improving Your Shop & Product Ratings
- How to make your product appealing and competitive
- Improving Your Listing Quality
- Setting Shop Discounts