How do I choose the right products?
Select the right products to advertise based on your business goals:
- Grow sales
Focus on bestsellers with great sales performance and products with great selling potential, such as promotional items.
- Boost profit
Focus on bestsellers, especially those with high profit margin.
- Increase exposure of new products
Choose new productsto boost their exposure and test their market potential.
As a rule of thumb, these products work best for Discovery Ads:
- Product with a lower price but equal quality, compared to similar products by competitors.
- Product with more and higher ratings, compared to similar products by competitors.
What is Auto Optimisation* mode?
With Auto Optimisation mode, Shopee manages the bid prices for each Discovery Ads display location, so you no longer have to do so on your own.
- Shopee will dynamically adjust your bid price based on your real time ad's performance to ensure a healthy Return on Investment (ROI) for your ad.
- Use Auto Optimisation mode if you are new to Discovery Ads or do not want the hassle of manually optimising your ads.
*Note: Auto Optimisation mode is on beta mode and available only to selected users
What should I set for my bid price, budget and time length?
- If you would like to get a big boost to your daily orders, we suggest setting up Discovery Ads for at least 40 products
- Use the suggested bid price for better ad exposure.
- Discovery Ads are set to “No Budget Limit” and “No Time Limit” by default. Use this setting if you like your ad to have sustained exposure.
- You can select “Set Budget” using Daily Budget or Total Budget to manage ad cost.
- Set a daily budget between RM3-6
- To grow your sales, check your ads after 5-7 days and increase the daily budget for ads that perform well
- You can select “Set Start/End Date” if you have a specific duration in mind for your ad campaign (e.g. advertising during festive period).
- If you are setting bid prices manually:
- Set the minimum bid price of RM0.04 per click if you are new to Discovery Ads, review ad performance and increase the bid price if you want more ad traffic
- Use the suggested bid price for better ad exposure
What is premium rate and how should I set it?
- Premium rate allows you to increase bid price(s) for each display location during set up to obtain better ad traffic.
- For example, if your bid price is RM0.10 for Similar Products and your premium rate is 50%, the final bid price for Similar Products is RM0.15 based on the formula RM0.10 x (100% + 50%).
- Set a competitive premium rate if the advertised product(s) has high selling potential and high profit margin.
- If unsure, you can always leave the premium rate as 0%. Review your performance after 2 weeks and increase bid price for more traffic if performance is good.
How should I review and optimise my Discovery Ads?
- Let your ads run for 7-10 days first
- For ads that are doing well (e.g. have orders and acceptable ROI), double or triple the daily budget.
- For ads that do not have orders after 100 clicks:
- If your ad is on Auto Optimisation mode, switch it off and use manual mode if you wish to continue promoting the product.
- If your ad is on Manual mode, you can consider increasing the bid prices to get more exposure or switching it off
- Check your ads every 1-2 weeks subsequently
- Set budget to unlimited for ads with good performance so as not to limit the amount of sales you can get
- If you're using Discovery Ads in manual mode:
- Increase the bid prices for ads with orders and good ROI to get more traffic and orders
- Lower the bid prices for ads where the Cost Income Ratio (CIR) has exceeded your product's profit margin, or switch off the ad
- Find your product's CIR in the Product Statistics section of the Discovery Ads homepage
How do I set up and modify Discovery Ads step by step?
Please refer to the user guide.
Can I set up and modify my Discovery Ads via Shopee App?
Yes, you can now set up and modify your Discovery Ads using Seller Centre via browser or Shopee app. Please refer to the user guide.